Hi, so I've seen a lot of these Face Of The Day posts, and I always find it interesting to see what products are in them, but for myself, as I am not a beauty guru, I don't get to try a lot of different products, so my daily makeup routine can stay the same for long periods of time! Instead of starting a new series, which will end up in an exactly the same post next month but maybe with a different moisturiser, I thought I would just do a one-off, daily makeup post! And maybe, if it drastically changes at some point, I will do a follow up!
1. Nivea Soft Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream. This moisturiser is just one I picked up when on offer in my local supermarket. I think it was only a pound and I just needed a moisturiser for my face as I had totally run out! It works, as a moisturier should, but it's just a bog standard one, and I am currently looking for something a little nicer!
2. GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer. I bought this primer about 4 or 5 months ago, no kidding, and it's still got a third left to go! I use it every single day but a little really does go a long way. I tend to use a pea sized amount or maybe a little more if I'm having a dry skin day but wow this product is fantastic! It feels gorgeous too, so applying it is really addictive! Like the name, it has a really velvet feel to it and has no scent so it's just a great product to create a smooth base for foundation!
3. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 201 Classic Beige. I bought this because I had heard a couple of good reviews about it, including one by Zoella. It really has exceeded my expectations, as I haven't found a good liquid foundation for a couple of years now. I have been set on mousse foundations such as Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse and No7's Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundaton. Wake Me Up gives a good coverage and creates just the right amount of healthy glow (I remember I bought a 'glowy' foundation once which literally made my face look glittery - too much!). Plus the shade I got is a perfect match, and for a high street foundation, that's a winner!
4. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium. Another beauty blogger recommended product, for good reason! This concealer is just perfect. Perfect colour match, long lasting and great coverage. Bang on!
5. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent. I bought two of these in one go a long time ago cause I knew how much I loved them so this one will be repurchased again I'm sure. What I love about it is that there isn't really a scent, because I have had a bad experience with a pressed powder from Max Factor which smells like my Nan. Not that my Nan smells bad but I don't want to smell like an old lady!!
6. Totally random rouging brush! Err yeah, this is old and unbranded. Who knows where it's from! But it works alright. I want to treat myself to a new set of brushes from Real Techniques soon so hopefully I'll get a replacement for this!
7. NYX Eyeshadow in True Taupe. Embarrasing story here. I actually bought this thinking it was the Taupe blush after hearing from Essiebutton what a great contouring shade it is. I obviously bought it without thinking because it came through and it was an eyeshadow! It will work as a contouring shade but you have to be clever with it! I have, however, discovered that this is the perfect shade for my eyebrows! I have given up with pencils for a while because I always somehow make them wonky. I use this with...
8. Superdrug eyeshadow brush. ...because it is the only small brush I own! It works fine though! But I would like to get a proper angle brush!
9. Superdrug eyelash curler. I have recently discovered that my eyelashes NEED an eyelash curler or some kind of miracle mascara that doesn't exist otherwise they stick out of my face horizontally. This eyelash curler isn't the best on the market but it works fabulously paired with...
10. Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara in 001 Black. My favourite mascara alongside No7's Lash 360 (sadly discontinued). A couple of layers and I'm good to go.
11. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. A wonderful palette much talked about in the blogging world. For everyday I like to go for either Tease all over the lid, or Suspect all over the lid with Half Baked or YDK in the crease. I also like to put a bit of Foxy in the inner corners of my eye to brighten.
12. Bobbi Brown Blush in 10 Blushed. Adventurous name, right?! No idea where I got this, I've had it for so long. I'm not great at explaining colours but I'd say this is a rather autumnal shade, quite berry toned.
13. Chapstick. Finally, a touch of chapstick. If I am wearing anything on my lips other than this at the moment it would be Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable in Romantic, or Rimmel's Kate Moss Lipstick in 05.
So there we go! A lot of these products have been acquired recently but I am enjoying them so much I thought I would share. The products I would recommend the most would be the GOSH Primer, Wake Me Up Foundation and Naked 2 Palette! I need to replace a lot of things (ie. moisturiser and brushes) so maybe if anything changes much I'll do another next month!
Hope you enjoyed this!
Does your daily makeup routine change much or do you like to stick with what you know?